Sandwich Generation Stress
Sandwich generation caregivers – adults (like Pauline in the video above) who care for both aging parents and their own children – know that multigenerational caregiving has its pros and cons.
While it can deepen the grandparent-grandchild relationship, caregiving for aging parents while rearing children is demanding.
Children and parents require lots of time, which can leave caregivers feeling pulled in different directions as they balance the many responsibilities of caring.
Caregiver Solutions, a program offered by Boston Senior Home Care at no charge, can help alleviate sandwich generation stress.
How does the program help sandwich generation caregivers?
Designed to support every caregiving journey, Caregiver Solutions empowers parents with the following resources and services to help them provide exceptional care while taking care of their own wellbeing:
- In-home support such as light housekeeping and meal preparation
- Respite care, adult day health, and companion services
- Counseling, education, and caregiver training
- Online support groups to connect with other caregivers
- Specialized support for older adults with dementia and/or Alzheimer’s Disease
- User-friendly technology such as iPads, voice-controlled Amazon Echos, and video doorbell systems to keep everyone connected and engaged
Finding support is vital to the mental and physical health of sandwich generation caregivers. Our Caregiver Advisors will help parents enroll in our Caregiver Solutions program and provide a thorough assessment and person-centered care plan based on their specific caregiving needs and goals.
Ready to take the next step? Submit an online referral or call us at 617-292-6211.